Tuesday 3 August 2010

Wednesday's Ramble

I got my first critique yesterday of a piece (Memories And Waves) I did on the one word challenge on TB. I didn't win, not that I expected to, but the feedback was invaluable.
Copied below:


"This piece made me think of a series of seaside postcards describing childhood memories, written in a naive, almost childlike style. The senses are really at work here and in the clamour of the seagulls, fairground rides and noisy bingo hall; the taste of ice cream; the smell the contrasting sweetness of candyfloss and briny seafood; the sight people in silly hats and gaudy beauty of the illuminations by night; I could even feel the flimsiness of the tacky souvenirs! And, as a child, of course you were always knackered after a day at the seaside and so it ends with, ‘Time for bed’. Simple but sweet!"

Thanks SeaView for your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment